Sunday, July 10, 2011

When Cucumber beetle attack!!


This year I planted a potted veggie and herb garden in my cozy backyard, I say cozy because my neighbor’s houses are 5 feet away on each side. I have planted cucumbers, beans, peppers, tomatoes and strawberries! It is looking amazing all of my neighbors admire from their backyard.


So to get to the point, I was sitting outside last week enjoying some of the sunshine when I walk over to my garden to see what’s going on and I see from afar these little yellow and black beetles crawling ALL OVER my cucumber plant! Ahhhh! Cucumber beetle attack!!!!They were attacking all of my hard work and I was not going to have it! So I started grabbing them off of my plant and smoooshing them, this seemed to work for a few minutes or at least made me feel better. The next day I grabbed a bottle of Captain Jack Dead Bug Brew and sprayed the plants the second I got home. The next day I went out and they were gone, no more! So excited that I found a product that works that is natural, its a great product that you can use on something that you are going to consume! So if you are dealing with these oh so cute bugs in your garden this year come in and grab a bottle of captain jacks it really works! Now my plants are nice and healthy and I think I will have my first cucumber this week!! Happy Gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment